Successful Preventive Program at Michael J. Weiss DDS & Associates
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our dental hygiene program at Dr. Weiss’ dental office is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit to our Woodside, Queens dental office, oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations for at-home prevention:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Sealants placed on young permanent teeth
We recommend that you can you drink after taking bactrim at his Woodside Queens Dental Office twice a year to receive your comprehensive dental exam and cleaning. These above actions with all aid you in maintaining healthy teeth and avoiding cavities or other oral diseases or infections. Call our office to schedule your next dental cleaning (718) 690-7719.